2022.7 Jumpin'July!

JULY is definitely JUMPIN' for this pup! 
  • He's becoming a teenager and LOVES everything about life!!  
  • Being the super smart mudi that he is, he has figured out how to open the double lock lever handle on his playroom gate and knows that if he pulls the bungie cord I use to secure it, it will loosen and perhaps fall off!  
  • He and Jake are getting along well and I can even trust him to not body slam him or jump back and forth over his head!  


  
I wake up every morning thinking about what I can train Mookie today and how much fun can we have!  Generally, I have a plan the night before so I don't have to think of something new and I write everything down that I want to add to his training program or adventures.  We continue with all the adventures we started last month and work at adding more!

 

  

Sometimes, adventures present themselves in your front yard such as the day that I had 2 very large trees cut down in my front yard.  What an opportunity to acclimate Mookie to the loud noises and tree branches dropping to the ground!  Twice we hung out for 20 or so minutes and he wasn't bothered by the branches dropping to the ground. 

Other times, it rains!  What opportunity does that offer, you ask?  Well, Mookie is not convinced that rain is the best thing ever so we go out and play in it!  I wondered out loud if it ever rained in Hungary and then did read that they were having a horrible drought!!  He did finally venture into his kiddie pool but not likely to need his life jacket for awhile!  Maybe I should put his life jacket on him to go out in the rain if he just doesn't like the rain hitting his back!


The big news this month is AGILITY!!  The equipment has arrived from various sources and the yard is beginning to look like a training field.  People are coming to train with us and help with Mookie and his agility career even though it's a long way off!  Mookie loves to do the dog walk (on the ground), low (6 inch) jumps, the teeter and especially the TUNNEL!!  I remember seeing an agility tunnel in his play area in Hungary for the puppies to play in!


We spent a few hours in downtown Neenah and I created a post about it so here is the link with lots of pictures: :  Out and About in Neenah

Scent work is coming along quite well! We practice multiple times a week in all kinds of locations!  Here is a link to a video early in the month!   And here is a link to the general page with more info

I decided to enter a  CONFORMATION show (IABCA) in August so, of course, we had to cram to learn what to do and attended 3 weekly classes at the Winnegamie Dog Club! This show is being held at our club so I thought it would be a great intro for the kid!  More in August!!

And last but not least!  Mookie has a new bestie!  Rhys the Cardigan Welsh Corgi!  :)