It's really happening! Hungary to Poland to Chicago!

Yup!  May 11th!  It's really happening!   7:30 or so Mookie arrives at O'Hare in Chicago!  My friend Brenda who lives an hour from the airport and is really familiar with it will go with me so I'll pick her up on the way there!  

So, in preparation...  I thought I would mow the training field which hasn't been mowed in several years since there was no dog to train there!  Now it looks like a field of mowed leaves and weeds (which it is) but I'm sure in a week it will be as green as the grass in the upper left of the photo!!  


And now...  a word from Hungary....



May 10, 2022!   Mookie leaves Hungary on an airplane - Destination Warsaw Poland for a layover before the big flight!   

May 11, 2022!  Mookie leaves Poland and arrives at O'Hare airport in Chicago at about 8pm!  At 9pm he is available for pickup along with 16 other dogs and 8 cats from Ukraine!!  

What an adventure!  It was a super smooth process and many thanks go out to Aliz at Barigard Kennel who arranged with Norbert Rado at LW Cargo and who had a broker in the US.  Jaime Estrada  A to Z Customs Brokerage really meant it when he say he was available 24/7/365 and always answered all my questions immediately. And finally, Tihana Kuljanin at the  Airport Logistics Group who called to make sure I knew where I was going and how to get there the day of the pickup!   All this reassured me that Mookie would be just fine... and he WAS!   

And last, but certainly not least, was MY support person, my friend Brenda Coffield, who volunteered to go with me on the adventure of picking Moodie up!!   It was a beautiful day!  We got there early because there was no traffic delays.  Found our location after help and an interesting conversation with a K9 handler whose dog searches the warehouse arrivals.  After a meal at Panera Bread we returned to the warehouse where the paperwork was completed and now we had to wait for his arrival.  Below are photos of the adventure!  
  

  

  

  

  

And VIDEOS!