How it began!!

After 8 German Shepherd Dogs over 30 years it was time to downsize.  What did I want? 

  • A high drive herding dog
  • 30ish pounds
  • Pointy ears and a tail.  

That was my list!   

In August of 2018, I started my search and found the Hungarian Mudi so I started putting pictures of a black mudi all around my house!  

In January of 2020, I connected with Bariguard Kennel on Facebook after hearing about it because of one of their dogs in California who, at a young age, was doing some pretty impressive things!

Because I still had Jake (my last German Shepherd) I wasn't ready at that time, however, in 2022, I began to think a puppy would do us both good. Jake is 12 1/2 but is a go getter dog with a very clear brain for his age and a body that won't cooperate.  He likes nothing better than to be doing things and with a puppy in the house, that I was training would clearly be entertaining for him!

 So that is the beginning of the story and the rest will be documented in this blog!

Oh...  and the black mudis I saw reminded me of my black dog Kobie (below) except a mudi was half her size!